This class will present the new technologies that were introduced with Oracle 9i. These include analytical functions in the relational database, OLAP Services, Java OLAP API, and BI Beans. Attendees will see how to use Oracle 9i, OLAP Service, JDeveloper 9i and BI Beans to develop simple and complex applications. A comparison between thick and thin client applications will also be discussed.
The outline consists of:
1. Technology Overview
2. OLAP using the Relational Engine
3. The BI Beans Advantage
4. The Java Development Environment
5. BI Beans Components
6. Programming with BI Beans – The Basics
7. Building Custom Applications
8. Debugging and Deploying your Application
9. Advanced Functions
The attendees will be shown how to start developing applications using BI Beans and JDeveloper. A sample application will be built during the class and all attendees will have access to the resulting application code.