This class will present the new technologies that were introduced with Oracle9i and 9i Internet Developers Suite (9iDS). These include, analytical functions in the relational database, OLAP Services, 9i Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), Java OLAP API, and BI Beans. Attendees will see how to use Oracle9i, OLAP Services, 9i OWB, JDeveloper 9i and BI Beans to build an OLAP aware warehouse and then develop simple and complex applications to view the warehouse data. A comparison between thick and thin client applications will also be discussed.
The outline consists of:
1. Technology Overview
2. OLAP using the relational engine – An Intro to 9i OLAP
3. Using OWB 9i to Design and Populate the Warehouse
4. Analytic Workspace or Relational which is best?
5. BI Applications – what are our options?
6. Programming with BI Beans – The Basics
7. Building Custom Applications
8. Debugging and Deploying you application
9. Wrapping it all up – Q&A
The attendees will be shown how to start building OLAP warehouses and developing applications using BI Beans and JDeveloper. A sample datamart will be build and an application will be built to access this data during the class and all attendees will have access to the resulting application code.